[gptalk] Re: Newbie to ADM files seeks help

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 16:42:50 -0700

Randy-
At first glance that ADM looks fine to me except that you only need the
ValueOn and Valueoff tags. You don't need the 3rd Value Numeric 1 tag.

In terms of detecting Gigabit adapters, look at using WMI Filters and check
out the Win32_NetworkConfiguration class. I'm rushing out or I would look
deeper for you but I seem to recall there is a speed property on that class
that would allow you to find out if the machine has any GB adapters.

Darren