[gptalk] Re: New Farm - Setting Terminal Server Profile Path?

  • From: "Bob Coffman Jr - Info From Data " <bcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 14:14:23 -0500

Jeremy

Thanks for the reply.  I'm aware of Flex Profiles and I'm planning on
implementing them at a later date (ie., after my users are converted.)
There is little user customization in this environment and they can live
without it for a while.

I'm also aware of the GPO path you mentioned.  My question is, more
precisely, can I use the user's profile path, EXCEPT for the machines in the
OU where my 2003 terminal servers are?  Can the GPO override the user's
profile set in AD?  Or, should I be looking at some other way to accomplish
this?

The problem I'm trying to solve is this.  For a while, users will have
access to both sets of servers, and I want to make sure they get the current
roaming profile on the old NT servers, and the new mandatory profile on the
new 2003 servers.