[gptalk] Re: New Farm - Setting Terminal Server Profile Path?

  • From: "Jeremy Waldrop" <jwaldrop@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 12:05:36 -0500

Switch to a mandatory profile and use the Flex Profile Kit from Login
Consultants
http://www.loginconsultants.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_vie
w&gid=20&Itemid=62

I have found this to be the best of both worlds, you get the stability
of a mandatory profile but still allow users to save personal settings.

If you still want to use roaming profiles you can do this for the W2K3
servers.

You can set a TS profile path using a GPO applied to the W2K3 servers.
The path to the setting is "Computer Confiuration/Administrative
Templates/Windows Components/Terminal Services" and then over in the
right hand pane there is a setting called "Set path for TS Roaming
Profiles"