[gptalk] Re: New Dells Not Installing Software

  • From: "Omar Droubi" <omar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 13:08:39 -0700

Steve,

I wouldn't recommend doing any automatic install of software on terminal
servers- especially if the terminal server stability is important to
your organization.

Terminal servers requires that the installation mode is changed from
install to execute before you install any software on those systems-
that will happen automatically if you initiate the software installation
from the add/remove programs applet or if you go to the cmd prompt and
type change user install |execute | query.

Maybe the developers @ Microsoft finally thought of something worthwhile
and this is getting blocked because it is a terminal server.

My 2 cents.

Omar