[gptalk] Re: New Dells Not Installing Software

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie R Contr 72 CS/SCBAF" <Jamie.Nelson.ctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 13:18:54 -0500

Check out the following articles:

Cannot connect to domain controller and cannot apply Group Policy with
Gigabit Ethernet devices
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326152>

Group Policy application fails on a computer that is running Windows
2000, Windows XP Service Pack 1, or Windows XP Service Pack
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/840669>

Description of the Windows XP Professional Fast Logon Optimization
feature <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q305293/>

Fast Logon Optimization is most likely your problem.

//signed//

Jamie R Nelson

Systems Engineer

Ingenium Corporation