[gptalk] New Dells Not Installing Software

  • From: "Steve Evans" <scevans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:48:53 -0700

I'm trying to push software to our terminal servers via GPO.  Our latest
batch of Dell's are failing at this.  At bottom we get 1053 errors from
Userenv.

Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The specified domain
either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy processing
aborted.

The computer and user policies are taking effect though, and refresh
properly after boot-up and/or logon.  It's only during the boot up process
that we're unable to access GPO's.

We've run into this before but updating the NIC drivers fixed it.  I've done
the same on these (Dell 2950's Broadcomm NetXtreme II) but no improved
results.

Any ideas on what could be going on?

Steve Evans