[gptalk] Re: My Documents folder redirection

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 09:59:27 -0600

There could be a number of different causes for your problem. Most of
the time it is how you've setup security on your network share or
wherever you're redirecting to, and it sounds like it may be the case in
your situation. Suggest you read the Security Recommendations for Folder
Redirection <http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736916.aspx>
guidelines on MSDN and make sure you have your root permissions setup
correctly. There is a ton of other information related to Folder
Redirection on there as well.

Not sure about your issue regarding redirection when a "My Documents"
folder already exists, but I wouldn't think that should be a problem. If
it is it could again be related to security but I'm not positive about

Jamie Nelson | Operations Consultant | BI&T Infrastructure-Intel | Devon
Energy Corporation | Work: 405.552.8054 | Mobile: 405.200.8088 |
http://www.dvn.com <http://www.dvn.com/>