[gptalk] Moving Test Policies into Production

  • From: "Kopenski, Jack" <Jack.Kopenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 13:25:36 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to identify a good method of moving group policies from a
testing phase, to a production mode.  I have 50 OU's (offices) and each
has a "computer" OU.  I have a single GPO called "WiFi Settings" that
all 50 are linked to.

I also have a "Test" OU where I am testing a revised policy called
"WiFi2 Settings".  Now that I am done testing the revised policy, and
rather than link the "WiFi2 Settings" GPO to all 50 production OU's, can
I simply disable the link to "WiFi Settings", rename it to "WiFi Old",
and rename "WiFi2 Settings" to "WiFi Settings"?  By the way, this GPO
runs a script so there are files involved.

By renaming the original GPO to "old", and renaming the new one to name
all 50 OU's were originally linked to, will that cause any problems, or
is there better process?

Thank you,

Jack

addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it
to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and
then destroy it.