[gptalk] Re: Mixed region & langauge settings - Central Store structure

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 11:26:13 -0400

OK. The GPMC and GP Editor don't care about your Keyboard settings. They
care about the locale of the OS. And, by default, if Windows detects a
certain language and doesn't find it represented in the Central Store, then
it will default to the en-us folder, which is what you want anyway, so if
you just have the en-us ADML folder in your Central Store, you should in all
cases see English settings within GPEditor and GPMC, which I believe is what
you are after.

As for controlling regional and language options in GP, you have a few
options that are supported by GP in Vista. Not as many as you have within
the control panel but some for sure.

Hope that helps,

Darren