[gptalk] Missing .pol files

  • From: "Ian Sweeney" <ian.sweeney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 00:31:04 -0400

I am a logged in as a domain user on a domain computer where Group
Policy is enforced. However I cannot find the .pol files.

User -> %UserProfile%/Ntuser.pol
Computer -> %AllUsersProfile%/Ntuser.pol

I know that the GP is enforced because my ability to change the desktop,
or set a screensaver, has been disabled (these are some simple examples
of GP enforcement).

According to Microsoft Windows Group Policy Guide (chapter 1 page 5)
%AllUsersProfile%/Ntuser.pol and %UserProfile%/Ntuser.pol should have
been created.

However I can only find NtUser.dat files. How do I get the .pol files?

Ian Sweeney

LLJ Property, Abu Dhabi's Leading Estate Agency

www.lljproperty.com <http://www.lljproperty.com/>