[gptalk] Re: Making Sense of GPO Versioning

  • From: "Bala P" <baluspage@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 21:58:57 +0530

Hi Ryan,

Also check out this link for more details on GPO versioning :
http://adelie.ucs.ed.ac.uk/dstwikireadonly/index.php/GPO

"GPO Version = 65536 * (Number of user section changes) + Number of
computer section changes"

Thanks,
Bala

On 8/9/06, Darren Mar-Elia <darren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ryan- Yes, its not altogether intuitive with respect to the registry/rsop versions. But here is how it works. That number, 3997757, converts to 003d003d in hex. That's 4 bytes of data. Each two bytes represents the number of revisions found in the GPT and GPC, for that GPO, on the DC used for GP processing by that cllient. 0x3d = 61 in decimal so 61 revisions found for both the GPT and GPC, for that GPO, on that DC, for that client.

Darren