[gptalk] MS-supplied templates seem to disappear after new custom template added

  • From: "Colin Auld" <ca11235@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:30:39 +0100

Hi,

Can someone please explain to me why the following happens...

(I'm running GPMC 1.0.2 on W2003 SP1)

1 - Via the GPMC I create a new GPO
2 - I look under the Administrative Templates container for both user and
computer and see (what I think are) the MS supplied set of templates
(system, network, printers, unsupported administrative templates) - please
correct me here if I'm wrong.
3 - I then add a simple .adm of my own under, say, "computer configuration".
4 - It adds OK, but I can no longer see the templates which were previously
displayed under "computer configuration | administrative templates".  Also,
those templates under "user configuration | administrative templates" have
also disappeared.

Can someone please explain what is going on here?  I reckon I should be able
to add a template alongside other, pre-existing templates...?

Thanks for any help

Colin