[gptalk] Re: Loopback Processing

  • From: Steven <usersend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 16:39:10 -0400

You would use security filtering on the GPO. This dictates who/what the GPO
will apply to. I don't know how your groups are set up, but for example,
make sure the user you do not want the policy applied to is not in the group
the policy is going to apply to.

Word of note though, in using loopback processing, the administrator will be
subject to the machine policy like everyone else, that's kind of the point
of it. However, if the admin is not in the group you are applying this GPO
to, the user settings will not apply.

On 5/9/07, Salandra, Justin A. <jasalandra@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I am setting up some Terminal Servers and wanted to ask a questions about
Loopback processing.

How can I make it so that the Administrator account does not have the User
Configuration of the policy applied to them when they logon to the Terminal
Server?

Justin A. Salandra

MCSE Windows 2000 & 2003

Network and Technology Services Manager