[gptalk] Logoff Users after office with Winexit.scr

  • From: Pankaj Bhakta <bhakta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:38:46 +1000 (EST)

Hi All,

I am having a bit of problem with few users who always
forget to log off after office hours. I wish to log them off after 2 hours of
inactivity after office hours.
I have read about the Winexit.scr and tested it on a test
environment. It works alright but I have a domain based GPO that invokes the
password protected screen saver after 10 minutes of inactivity.
I cannot figure out how both objectives can be achieved ie
during office hours if a desktop is running with 10 minutes of inactivity then
it will get locked with the password protected screensaver but after office
hours even if the password protected screen saver become active after 10
minutes of inactivity, the Winexit.scr will throw its muscle and log off the
Our environment is Win 2K3 domain and XP SP2 desktops and