[gptalk] Re: Login scripts and DNS

  • From: Frank <frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 12:49:09 -0400

Any chance you're using WINS?  At first reading it felt like some record
(other than pure DNS) might have expired, but then I got rather confused as
to what you're describing.  Here's what I suggest, log the error codes to
your mapping attempts, this way we can get a clue as to what is happening.
Also, when a problem seems intermittent, it means we're missing information,
and in this case, I'm also wondering if there might be something in your
cache that's changing the behaviour of your script/mappings.

If you like, I've got a personal logon script that logs to Windows Event
log.
f.