[gptalk] Re: Login Time Issues

  • From: "mike kline" <mkline@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:49:19 -0400

I used to disable the computer or user settings too (if unused).  Then
Darren wrote an article in Technet mag a couple of months ago and talked
about that in the article (the entire article is really good).  So that was
something I didn't need to do.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc137720.aspx

*"In addition, disabling the computer or user side of a GPO because it is
unused has little effect on policy processing performance. If a policy side
is unused, the only overhead will be in querying Active Directory to
determine that, and the same query must be performed to view the disable
option as the one that occurs to determine whether any CSEs have been
implemented for that side of the GPO. The effect of disabling a side is
negligible"*

To the original poster is there any more info in the logs and have you tried
to increase the logging level on the box to see if that may provide some
more clues?

Thanks

Mike