[gptalk] Re: Login Time Issues

  • From: "Paul Snell" <paullitsa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:23:58 -0000

I found the offending GPO through my trial and error method. I had a GPO that
had a batch file in the login section of the Computer configuration. The batch
file was trying to install XMLLITE.DLL on machines that didn't have it for a
Visio 2007 rollout. The GPO was assigned to a group that had a list of
computers in it that required the update.  When I disabled this GPO the problem
disappeared, thanks for all your help and suggestions. (this is what happens
when they make you a subject matter expert, but don't give you any training!!!
I even had to buy the Group Policy Guide myself as my multi-national company
wouldn't cough up for it!!!)