[gptalk] Re: Login Time Issues

  • From: "Shane Williford" <shane.williford@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:29:57 -0500

One problem is just the fact that you may have a lot of GPOs to apply.
GPOs take time to apply. If some of your GPOs are only Computer or
User-based, you can disable the configuration that is not utilized by
the GPO for better performance (i.e. quicker log-in time). For example,
if you have a GPO created with a bunch of computer settings, on the
Details tab of the GPO you can select which part of the GPO to disable;
in this case it would be "User configuration settings disabled". Hope
that helps...

Shane

Shane M. Williford

Systems Administrator