[gptalk] Re: Lock down the local drive

  • From: hans straat <hstraat@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:34:28 +0000

see this howto. http://www.datacrash.net/howtos/howto/hide-local-drives.html I
also wrote one for the admx (vista/2008) policies. it describes step by step
and also has a download to dave's drive calculator a darn handy tool to
calculate the number required to set in the policy.(value)

Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 20:44:08 -0400From: dave.palombi@xxxxxxxxxxx:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: Lock down the local drive
Where are the settings?  I can setup a test lab and try them out.
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 3:17 PM, hans straat <hstraat@xxxxxxx> wrote:

you can lockdown the localdrives (hide en deny access) if you deny acces
emediatly the desktop is locked cause a user will get administrative messages
when they try to alter something. You really don't want that :) cause the users
will ring up the helpdesk.

Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:47:20 -0400From: dave.palombi@xxxxxxxxxxx:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Lock down the local drive

Hi guys,is there any group policy that allows me to lock down the users desktop
and their local drive (i.e. c:)?Thanks,Dave