[gptalk] Re: Local Admin Prvilege...

  • From: Omar Droubi <omar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:49:50 -0700

If you guys haven't seen it yet: Compatibility Application Tool Kit (not for XP)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/aa905066.aspx

Of course this is for Vista and I think the latest rev is also for Windows 2008.

This tool can automate the necessary changes to client profiles and workstation
to allow applications to run properly under Vista- even those that require
elevation.

I seen a demo and it looks worth the testing and usage- When you do new Vista
implementations.

Just FYI as many are still on XP.

Omar Droubi
omar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx