[gptalk] Re: Local Admin Passwords

  • From: "Ray Lewis" <razor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 08:03:36 -0000

I had this very same problem some time back and got around it by...

*         Create a BAT File and include the following line: NET USER
Administrator %1

*         Save File in a read shared folder - i.e. \\yourDC\NETLOGON

*         Create a GPO Start-up script pointing to your new file - i.e.
\\yourDC\NETLOGON\newPWfile.bat

*         Under Script Parameters, put the password you want the clients to
use (see attached screen shot) - SAVE.

You're done, when the client's restart, the new password will be assigned.

Ray