[gptalk] KB888254: Folder Redirection and Internet Explorer Maintenance

  • From: "Bobby Ghinder" <rghinder@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:19:06 -0400

I am trying to apply both Folder Redirection and Internet Explorer
Maintenance policies on my Windows XP SP2 clients.  The Internet settings
are not being applied.  I read in the KB 888254 that there is conflict
between applying both policies together.  I've read mixed reviews whether or
not the hotfix from Microsoft works (iedkcs32.dll, plus some registry
entries).  Is that the best solution or is there an alternative solution?
If the hotfix is still the best solution, must I go through Microsoft to
obtain it, or is it available elsewhere?  Is it included with any other
hotfixes/updates?

Bob Ghinder