[gptalk] Internet Explorer - Program / Manage Add-Ons / Active X controls via policy

  • From: "Craig Judd" <Craig.Judd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:05:33 -0000

Hi

We are having trouble deploying changes to IE7 for controlling the
active-x components that the browser manages.  We have a couple that we
need to disable by default, and as such would like to deploy via group
policy.  However attempts at trying to deploy these changes from the
server don't seem to land on the machines they are directed at.  Even
after several attempts at GPUPDATE, the policy changes don't appear in
the RSOP listing or indeed in the group policy changes / under tools.

Any ideas, on how to force deployment of these browser settings?

Any help welcomed.

Regards

Craig Judd

ICT Network Manager

Parkstone Grammar School,

Sopers Lane,

Poole,

Dorset.

BH17 7EP

01202 605617

07920 523601

Parkstone Grammar School has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that
any
attachment to this email has been swept for viruses.  However, the school
cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of software
viruses and would advise that you carry out your own virus check before
opening any attachment. If you have any queries please contact ICT Support at
Parkstone Grammar School.