[gptalk] Re: Installing Applications Fails[Scanned]

  • From: "Craig Judd" <Craig.Judd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:20:53 -0000

I did try this, it seems like an excellent way to determine access rights from
the system level.  I obviously have a problem because I am trying to connect to
our shares

Net view \\10.1.1.10\[sharename <file:///\\10.1.1.10\%5bsharename> ] and I get
the error

"System error 5 Access is denied" - this seems to be blanket across all shares,
even if I have "everyone" read only and the "domain computers" read only on the
shares and file level security.

If I Net Use * \\10.1.1.10\[sharename <file:///\\10.1.1.10\%5bsharename> ] I
get prompted for username and password.  But I thought this was running at the
system level?

Any ideas?

Regards

Craig