[gptalk] Re: Installing Applications Fails

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 06:57:48 -0800

This is a common problem I see and I'll be darned if I can find a common
thread. But, some things to check. If you are deploying per-computer, try
granting the Domain Computers group explicit read access to these shares and
files. I know that it shouldn't matter if you already have the Everyone
group but I have seen this help. 2nd thing-if the servers are 2003, SP1,
there may be some SMB signing going on that the clients can't handle. Make
sure that your security settings on the servers don't require SMB signing or
that your clients are set to respond to it.

Those are the two things that come to mind right away. Let us know if
neither helps.