[gptalk] Installing Applications Fails

  • From: "Craig Judd" <Craig.Judd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:45:00 -0000

Hi

We have a medium sized Active Directory that has been in place for about
3 yrs, apart from the deployment of the Office Suite against the "domain
policy" we have OU's that represent each group of machines and in turn
we have associated applications for each department trying to install
from these OU's. The office installation succeeds by the way.

However it has come to light that these other apps fail to be deployed
successfully, the LOG entry says that the "source installation file is
not available".

So we see that when we reboot a client workstation it says that it is
installing the required application, it all appears to go through ok,
the log in box finally appears, but yet the deployed application has not
been installed.

The source files are available at the share location, and all security
and rights are available to everyone as read only.

Any pointers as to why the apps are failing to deploy would be a huge
help, thanks in advance.

Craig Judd

ICT Network Manager

Parkstone Grammar School,

Sopers Lane,

Poole,

Dorset.

BH17 7EP

01202 605617

Parkstone Grammar School has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that
any
attachment to this email has been swept for viruses.  However, the school
cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of software
viruses and would advise that you carry out your own virus check before
opening any attachment. If you have any queries please contact ICT Support at
Parkstone Grammar School.