[gptalk] Re: IE maintenance policy question...

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:36:51 -0700

There is no other built in way. I seem to remember a previous posting on the
list about someone scripting this-maybe they will pipe up again as I could
not find the posting in the list archives <http://www.gpoguy.com/lists.htm>
. But do try enabling the policy I mention below-that is a documented "fix"
for this issue.

Darren

Date:                     8/15/2007

Time:                     6:09:53 AM

User:                     DOMAIN\user

Computer:          COMPUTERNAME

Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. A message that
describes the reason for this was previously logged by the policy engine.

Finally, I was told that if there were folders "custom#" in this path the
policy was being applied.particularly if there was an *.ins file in one of
these folders w/ the proxy settings in it.  If found the folders and the
file w/ the proxy settings yet it is still not being applied:

\\%computername%\c$\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application
Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Custom Settings\

Reboots, adjusting the policy priority order, checking scope, deleting and
recreating "custom settings" folder in the profile.nothing has worked so
far.  Any clues as to what I might need to check would be great.

Thanks,

MM