[gptalk] Re: IE maintenance policy question...

  • From: "Matthew McComas" <mmccomas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 14:26:07 -0500

If it sucks, then what's a better way of enforcing proxy settings?  Any
suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

MM

Date:                     8/15/2007

Time:                     6:09:53 AM

User:                     DOMAIN\user

Computer:          COMPUTERNAME

Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. A message
that describes the reason for this was previously logged by the policy
engine.

Finally, I was told that if there were folders "custom#" in this path
the policy was being applied...particularly if there was an *.ins file
in one of these folders w/ the proxy settings in it.  If found the
folders and the file w/ the proxy settings yet it is still not being
applied:

\\%computername%\c$\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application
Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Custom Settings\

Reboots, adjusting the policy priority order, checking scope, deleting
and recreating "custom settings" folder in the profile...nothing has
worked so far.  Any clues as to what I might need to check would be
great.

Thanks,

MM