[gptalk] Re: IE Browser Settings - something is wrong?!?!

  • From: "Timothy J. Parker" <timparker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:28:09 -0400

Not that I have found so far. The only scripts that they had when I got here 
were for login for mapped drives. Nothing in there for IE settings. I did find 
a different place (acutally a few) where they were/are setting the detect 
settings but still haven't found where proxy is being set at. 
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Nelson, Jamie 
  To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
  Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 3:22 PM
  Subject: [gptalk] Re: IE Browser Settings - something is wrong?!?!

  Do you maybe have a script or something that is setting it?


  Jamie Nelson | Operations Consultant | BI&T Infrastructure-Intel | Devon 
Energy Corporation | Work: 405.552.8054 | Mobile: 405.200.8088 | 


  From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On 
Behalf Of Timothy J. Parker
  Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 2:12 PM
  To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [gptalk] IE Browser Settings - something is wrong?!?!


  I have a random issue that I can't seem to get to the bottom of, I am still 
cleaning up all the GPs that I inherited with my job....


  The problem is randomly I will get a call from a user that they can not surf 
the internet. When either I VNC or actually stop at their desk and look around 
there is 99% of the time proxy information inside of IE. It is also usually set 
to Detect settings. 


  I started toying with Group Policy Results for a couple of the users. I found 
the following. That supposedly the GP for setting a domain wide screensaver 
(yeah I know its spelled wrong, just haven't taken the time to fix the previous 
mistake). But in looking at that GP there is no IE settings that show up at 


  I also can't seem to find where the lower part of that window would be set. I 
have printed out all our GPs and none of them list proxy information, but 
somehow they are getting it. I can remove it and the user works fine, but then 
they will call again later (can be days or weeks) and the same thing is back. 


  Any thoughts? 





  Connection/Automatic Browser Configuration

       Winning GPO
        Automatically detect configuration settings    
        Automatic Browser Configuration
       Not configured



  Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only 
for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential, and may be 
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that 
any review, retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or 
other use of all or any portion of this message and any attachments is strictly 
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender 
immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from 
your system. 

Other related posts: