[gptalk] Re: I want separate WSUS config for my servers

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie R Contr 72 CS/SCBAF" <Jamie.Nelson.ctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:27:07 -0500

Also, assuming you have no Windows 2000 systems (servers or
workstations) you can use the following WMI filters in situations where
servers/workstations are intermingled:

Servers -> SELECT * FROM Win32_ComputerSystem WHERE DomainRole > 1
Workstations -> SELECT * FROM Win32_ComputerSystem WHERE DomainRole < 2

Regards,
Jamie Nelson

        Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:44:54 +0200
        From: joakim.dahl@xxxxxxxxx
        To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

        Add another OU with a different policy for servers (only the
differences) in that policy

        On 8/29/07, Craig Meyer <craigmeyer8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        Hi everyone

        Firstly, i am not sure if this is totally applicable to the list
but i am using a GPO that is why i am posting. Please shout if i must
ask in a different place.

        In my WSUS console i have 2 groups i.e the workstations and
server group. i have a group policy that have option no 3 (auto download
and notify for install) for the WSUS updates. I want this for my
workstations only NOT for my servers. I want the option for my server
where i can CHOOSE which updates to be downloaded (i think it is option
2). How do i change this configuration to suite me.Do i need another GPO
or what?

        I currently have 1 group policy at domain level. I hope i am
clear here.

        Craig Meyer
        Systems Engineer

        "He had no servants - yet they called Him Master, no degrees -
yet they called Him Teacher, no medicine - yet they called Him Healer,
no army yet the Kings feared Him. He won no military battles yet He
conquered the world. he commited no crime yet they crucified Him. He was
burried in a tomb yet He lives 2day.... "

        Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger  Get it now!
<http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-us&sou
rce=wlmailtagline>

        --
        Best regards Joakim Dahl