[gptalk] I want separate WSUS config for my servers

  • From: Craig Meyer <craigmeyer8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:13:20 +0200

Hi everyone

Firstly, i am not sure if this is totally applicable to the list but i am using
a GPO that is why i am posting. Please shout if i must ask in a different place.

In my WSUS console i have 2 groups i.e the workstations and server group. i
have a group policy that have option no 3 (auto download and notify for
install) for the WSUS updates. I want this for my workstations only NOT for my
servers. I want the option for my server where i can CHOOSE which updates to be
downloaded (i think it is option 2). How do i change this configuration to
suite me.Do i need another GPO or what?

I currently have 1 group policy at domain level. I hope i am clear here.

Craig Meyer Systems Engineer "He had no servants - yet they called Him Master,
no degrees - yet they called Him Teacher, no medicine - yet they called Him
Healer, no army yet the Kings feared Him. He won no military battles yet He
conquered the world. he commited no crime yet they crucified Him. He was
burried in a tomb yet He lives 2day....”