[gptalk] Re: I can't access the GPO Editor because of a policy.

Well, how about just Start Menu, Run, gpupdate /force ?

Or running a task from the Task Manager? Or creating a scheduled task that
runs gpupdate /force?

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Hernán Cano
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 8:55 AM
To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gptalk] Re: I can't access the GPO Editor because of a policy.

Thanks for your reply.

Indeed, this is in the local GPO and it was implemented within the user
configuration side of the GPO, I do have access to My Computer, and was able
to rename registry.pol, but I'm having some trouble for accessing a command
prompt from inside Windows because it also is disabled by a policy.

I tried from the "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" but it also uses a Windows
user session, so it also had the policies enabled.

I also tried from the Recovery Console from an installation CD but it didn't
work, since the list of available commands is limited.

I'm currently trying to make a bootable USB device (since the computer
doesn't have a floppy disk drive) in order to execute gpupdate from there.
hopefully that will work.

Any other ideas?

On 7/10/07, Darren Mar-Elia < darren@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:darren@xxxxxxxxxx> >
wrote:

Hernan-

I'm assuming this is on the local GPO? If so, and you implemented this
within the user configuration side of the GPO, try this. Go into
c:\windows\system32\grouppolicy\user and delete or rename the file called
registry.pol. Then from a command prompt, issue a gpupdate /force and that
should clear up the problem.

Darren