[gptalk] Re: How to: Pass GP logon scripts upon VN connection?

  • From: "Delaney, Doug" <doug.delaney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:39:32 -0400

We used a local script approach with an icon on the desktop.  If the
user is VPN'd in, they can click the icon (which runs a VPNMapDrives.vbs
script) on the local machine.  That way, when they don't want to be
slowed down, they don't have to have the drive mappings.  Only when they
need them.

You could automate that based on IP address range as you suggested.

Doug Delaney
GM Desktop Engineering
Global Client Engineering GM
1075 W. Entrance Dr., MS 2B, Cube 2130
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Lab: 248-365-9187
Tel: 248-754-7917
Pg: 248-870-0306 pager
Mail: Doug.Delaney@xxxxxxx <mailto:Doug.Delaney@xxxxxxx>

Note: The information in this email is intended solely for the
addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited.