[gptalk] Re: How do admin access CP on the users profile

  • From: "Jakob H. Heidelberg" <jakob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 15:02:02 +0100

HI Craig

Well, Outlook should pop up a wizard if the user does not have a MAPI
profile. Another way to add the profile would be to use PRF files (check out
Office Customization Tool).

Why not just exclude the user from that CP policy setting to fix the issue
right away - eg. by denying the specific user or a special group for these
situations? So, next time you have the problem, place the user in the
"exclude group" (AD replication), log off, logon, fix problem, remove user
from group (AD replication), log off, log on. There are other methods, but I
like this one because it's pretty simple.

Happy New Year

/Jakob H. Heidelberg