[gptalk] How big is your SYSVOL?

  • From: "Jason B. Halladay" <jason@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 14:25:59 -0600

Hello,
Having recently become aware of the "sysvol bloat" phenomenon, I've done a bit of reading on the subject. I looked at the size of our sysvol directory and found that it is a whopping 4.6GB! We have a single forest with only one site and domain so thus far this hasn't proved to be a problem (that I'm aware of!) I'm taking steps to clean this up but because of our model with many, many OU admins doing their own things, it's a bit crazy. Out of curiosity, how big is your sysvol? :) And a bonus question: when a GPO is deleted through the GPMC, does the corresponding GPT folder in sysvol get removed at some point? About 30 minutes ago I deleted a GPO but the GPT is still present. Thanks!
Jason