[gptalk] Re: Hide only Administrative tools on Control Panel

  • From: Pankaj Bhakta <bhakta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 15:29:46 +1000 (EST)

Hi Igor,
Many thanks for your reply but excuse me for not being able to understand what
you meant by 'deny access to your users on the file system level '.

All I could think is a GPO with a Software restriction policy with a path rule
as follows:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools - Disallowed

Kindly let me know if that is what you meant or something else.

Our domain is Win 2003 and Win XP SP2.

Thanks,

Pankaj