[gptalk] Hide only Administrative tools on Control Panel

  • From: Pankaj Bhakta <bhakta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:06:01 +1000 (EST)

I am having a GPO called Additional desktopLockdown that does few things as

        * Disable add/remove Printer
        * Disable mapping of network drive
        * Disable regedit from running
        * Turn autoplay off
        * Remove Add or Remove Program from control panel
Now I intend to hide the Administrative tools on the Control Panel.
Found that to hide an applet, it can be done from the User Configuration /
Administrative Templates / Control Panel - Hide specific Control Panel applet.

We also have to type the filename.cpl of the specific control panel applet that
we wish to hide. I could find the file names of all the applets from MS KB but
unfortunately I could not find any file name for the Administrative Tools.

Is there a different approach for this one.

Kindly advise.