[gptalk] Re: Having 1 central user to administer workstations

  • From: <razor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:37:42 +0100

Hi Craig

Not too sure how security conscious you are about the whole thing, but why
donâ??t
you just make the account a member of the domain admins group? You wouldnâ??t
need to
worry about GPO's then..

You could use restricted groups via group policy, but there are a number of
factors
to be considered - plenty of information on the net about this..

The other option is to create a batch file that will run at start-up via Group
Policy. Within the .bat file, include this line:

NET LOCALGROUP Administrators "DOMAIN\Username" /ADD

Hope this helps

Ray

On Fri Jun 15 11:18 , 'Craig Meyer' <craigmeyer8@xxxxxxxxxxx> sent:

>Hi all
>Please help me in my first post. I'm a newbie in GPO's so please don't scream
>at
me :-(
>I have created one user account called "Support". the reason for this is
>because
the junior technicians in my company came and goes and i want to create ONE
account
so that they would be able to use the same account to work on all the
workstations
in the network. This "Support" acccount i want to give admin rights when
someone
logs onto the workstations so that they will be able to install, administrate
the
workstations.
>I want to do this through a GPO please. In the meanwhile i have done the
following. I have created a GPO called "MakeJuniorTechAdminonWorkstations"
(what a
name  - haha) and i have created a New OU > called it "Support" and in that OU
have created a user called "Support" which has normal domain user rights. Can
some
one help me from here please to accomplish my task????Please?????
>Do i now right-click the "Support" OU and select "Create and link a GPO here"
>or
where from here - Thanks for the help everyone

>Craig Meyer
>
>"He had no servants - yet they called Him Master, no degrees - yet they called
>Him
Teacher, no medicine - yet they called Him Healer, no army yet the Kings feared
Him. He won no military battles yet He conquered the world. he commited no
crime
yet they crucified Him. He was burried in a tomb yet He lives 2day....Â?The
Live
Earth concert on the 7th July 2007, with more than 150 top musicians Live Earth
Concert

>You can unsubscribe from gptalk by sending email to
>gptalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the freelists.org
Web
interface. Archives for the list are available at
http://www.freelists.org/archives/gptalk/