[gptalk] Having 1 central user to administer workstations

  • From: "Craig Meyer" <craigmeyer8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:18:34 +0200

Hi all

Please help me in my first post. I'm a newbie in GPO's so please don't scream at me :-(

I have created one user account called "Support". the reason for this is because the junior technicians in my company came and goes and i want to create ONE account so that they would be able to use the same account to work on all the workstations in the network. This "Support" acccount i want to give admin rights when someone logs onto the workstations so that they will be able to install, administrate the workstations.

I want to do this through a GPO please. In the meanwhile i have done the following. I have created a GPO called "MakeJuniorTechAdminonWorkstations" (what a name  - haha) and i have created a New OU > called it "Support" and in that OU i have created a user called "Support" which has normal domain user rights. Can some one help me from here please to accomplish my task????Please?????

Do i now right-click the "Support" OU and select "Create and link a GPO here" or where from here - Thanks for the help everyone

Craig Meyer

"He had no servants - yet they called Him Master, no degrees - yet they called Him Teacher, no medicine - yet they called Him Healer, no army yet the Kings feared Him. He won no military battles yet He conquered the world. he commited no crime yet they crucified Him. He was burried in a tomb yet He lives 2day....?

The Live Earth concert on the 7th July 2007, with more than 150 top musicians Live Earth Concert *********************** You can unsubscribe from gptalk by sending email to gptalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the freelists.org Web interface. Archives for the list are available at http://www.freelists.org/archives/gptalk/ ************************