[gptalk] Group Policy Setting to Configurate a Enterprise Power Scheme for XP SP2 workstations

  • From: jfvanmeter@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 17:31:52 +0000

hello everyone, i've been tasked with designing a away to configuration power
management option for 40K XP SP2 workstations. I've attached the spreed sheet
that I use to check for various policy settings and could not find one.

Google turned uip that if I was running vista, I could go green from group
policy.

The thought I have is to create a custom adm file to configure the following
reg
keys

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\PowerCfg with reg_sz being 0

Standby detection threshold values (for the system, monitor, hard disk?System
hibernates, Turn off monitor, Turn off hard disks fields, respectively)
HKCU\Control Panel\PowerCfg\PowerPolicies\n\Policies
Then I could have to capture the correct Binary-encoded parameters for the
settings that I want.

I'm also sure there would be a way to script this and make a wmi call, to
configure the settings.  Does anyone know of or have a adm file that will
control the power manage option to turn off a monitor and spin down a hard
drive
and a xp sp2 workstation? Or a better way to do the same thing?

Thanks for any help you can give me. --John