[gptalk] Re: Group Policy Preferences

  • From: "Alan & Margaret" <syspro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 08:04:47 +1000

Hi Darren,

Thanks for that, I hadn't realised that you could create a folder structure
with a filter on it, then create preferences within that folder. So... that
explains how you get the "filtered by ancestor" activated.

Finally worked out the "Disabled directly" and "Disabled by ancestor" to
work. The tool bar has a green circle with a line through it when you select
the item/r collection. If you click on it, it goes to the red circle with a
line through it (as described by Derek) and disables the item/collection.

So that makes sense, although I think the GUI should be updated so that the
"Disable/Enable" option is also available if you right click on the
item/collection. I will mention it to Microsoft.

Alan Cuthbertson

  _____