[gptalk] Re: Group Policy Preferences

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 08:12:09 -0700

Alan-

This is from Derek Melber, whom you know. Since he used to work at
DesktopStandard, I asked him this question and this was his response:

Filtered by ancestor: Not done often, but for example, for Registry, you can
create a Collection, set the Item-level targeting on the collection, then
create a Registry item under the collection, which will then have a ancestor
filter set on it. The policy subjects do not allow item-level targeting at
this point... maybe in future!

Disabled directly: Red circle with line through it on toolbar (when the
policy is highlighted)

Disabled by ancestor: Red circle with line through it on toolbar (when the
policy subject is highlighted... IE Registry on left list)

Darren