[gptalk] Group Policy Preferences

  • From: "Alan & Margaret" <syspro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 15:00:18 +1000

Hi everyone,

I have been doing some playing with Group Policy Preferences and come to the
conclusion that there is an awful lot of flexibility in what you can do.
Most of it makes intuitive sense, but I am confused by three settings that
are displayed when you select a preference setting, but I cannot see how to
change them. These three settings are:-

Filtered by Ancestor

Disabled Directly

Disabled by Ancestor

All are set to NO. There is another setting, Filtered Directly which you can
toggle by adding an entry under targeting.

I am guessing that "Filtered by Ancestor" says that if it fails the filter
on one preference, don't bother processing future preferences, but I cannot
see how you activate it.

Any ideas?

Alan Cuthbertson