[gptalk] Re: Group Policy Preference Client Side Extensions now available

  • From: "Michael Pietrzak" <mpietrzak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:38:09 -0800

Okay, so I understand that the CSE's will need to be installed on an XP
or Server 2003 in order for the preferences to be applied. But I am
trying to get my head around the management aspect. Now I could manage
the settings from a server 2008 box, and I see that the RSAT will be
needed for Vista, but what about management from an XP or Server 2003
box? Is there no management solution coming for those platforms? Will I
be able to create manage GP preferences if I simply install the CSE's on
a Server 2003 box?

Thanks,

Michael