[gptalk] Group Policy Not Applied (Unknown Reason)

  • From: "Collingwood.Mary" <Mary.Collingwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 16:20:48 -0500

Hi Jamie and Darren,
I am not using a filter for most of the policies (12 out of 14).  The
machine does get one policy.  I have blocked inheritance on the OU but
then link the Default Domain Policy, and my workstation Settings
policies to the OU.  There are two sub OUs under it for the two Business
Units who use these machines.  Even though the "Group Policy
Inheritance" tab shows that all the policies should come down and apply
the only one that does is one that is linked to the sub OU that contains
my test machine.  I'm not sure why.  I block inheritance because these
machines are handheld and used out in the field.  They do not need all
the other policies which mainly open exceptions in the Windows firewall
for specific applications.  If it is an issue I could unblock
inheritance, but I don't understand why linking the policies below the
block doesn't work.
Thanks for your help.

Mary Collingwood
We Energies - IT Services
Client Device Integration

Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:33:09 -0500
From: "Collingwood.Mary" <Mary.Collingwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello List,
I have a Tablet PC that is not getting all the Group Policy that it
should.  Instead RSoP shows Group Policy Not Applied (Unknown Reason) .
Is there a tool for troubleshooting that can help me figure this out?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Mary Collingwood
We Energies - IT Services
Client Device Integration

Subject: [gptalk] Re: Group Policy Not Applied (Unknown Reason)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:36:58 -0500
From: "Nelson, Jamie R Contr 72 CS/SCBAF"
<Jamie.Nelson.ctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Are you using any security group or WMI filtering on the GPO(s) in
question? Does the system receive any Group Policy at all?

Regards,
Jamie Nelson