[gptalk] Re: Group Policy Editing: Missing default Administrative templates

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:02:44 -0500

Michael,

I think you mean "gpupdate /force" and that forces application of
policy. ADM templates are only used by GPMC and the GP Object Editor to
show us the logical groupings of the different settings available, as
well as much friendlier names/descriptions. Without them, we would have
to memorize tons of registry values and what they control. I don't know
about you, but my memory is not that good. :)

Jamie Nelson | Infrastructure Consultant | BI&T Operations | Devon
Energy | Work: 405.552.8054 | http://www.dvn.com