[gptalk] Group Policy Applied from different DCs

  • From: "Timothy J. Parker" <timparker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:43:43 -0400

I am working on a remote computer in our agency and decided  to run a GPRESULT
on it, I did notice that I forgot to move it to a different OU when it get
re-deployed. So I adjusted that and re-ran it and noticed something else.

The computer settings were applied from one DC and the User settings came from
another. I am just doing some routine maint. at the moment but am wondering if
I have a problem. I ran the same on my workstation back in the main office and
both appear to be applied from the same DC for me. the only difference is that
on my workstation in the office I am logged on as ME. The remote PC that I am
sitting in front of I am currently logged in as ADMINISTRATOR. Is this normal
to see two DCs?

In the site that this computer is a part of we do have 2.

TIA.

Tim