[gptalk] GPResult Errors...suggestions?

  • From: "Shane Williford" <shane.williford@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 10:53:33 -0500

Hi All,

I've always gotten the following errors when I've run the GPResults
wizard and not sure why. I've tried searching possible
causes/resolutions and had no success. I also have errors in Event
Viewer (Event ID 1085) and have had those for what seems like forever.
I'm not experiencing any GP issues, as far as I can tell....all seems to
be working fine. It's more of a "clean-up" kinda thing really. Although,
one of my GPOs doesn't seem to work right (Offline File Sharing...still
testing that out, though).

Error1:

Scripts failed due to the error listed below.

Additional information may have been logged. Review the Policy Events
tab in the console or the application event log for events between
4/3/2008 9:35:20 AM and 4/3/2008 9:35:20 AM

Error2:

Software Installation did not complete policy processing because a
system restart is required for the settings to be applied. Group Policy
will attempt to apply the settings the next time the computer is
restarted.

Additional information may have been logged. Review the Policy Events
tab in the console or the application event log for events between
4/3/2008 9:50:34 AM and 4/3/2008 9:50:34 AM.

Funny thing is we have no software installation package or anything like
that. We just have software installation security settings configured
(i.e. User -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Software
Restriction Policies & Security Levels).

Shane M. Williford

Systems Administrator

MCSE, MCSA Sec, Sec+, Net+, A+

Mazuma Credit Union

shane.williford@xxxxxxxxxx

816-361-4194 x6012

NOTICE: The information transmitted in this e-mail may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged information intended only for the use of the
individual(s) named above. Review, use, disclosure, distribution, or forwarding
of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s)
is prohibited by law and may subject them to criminal or civil liabilities.
Statements and opinion expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of
Mazuma Credit Union. All e-mail communications through Mazuma's corporate email
system are subject to archiving and review by someone other than the recipient.
immediately and delete/destroy any and all copies of the original message from
any computer or network system.