[gptalk] GPOs not Applying

  • From: "Conrad, Daniel C Mr. Nortel Government Solutions" <dan.conrad@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:14:03 -0500

I'm troubleshooting an issue with a site of approximately 2000 users.
The problem is certain GPOs (specifically with user settings) will not
apply to the users.  As a troubleshooting step I've created a TEST OU
and placed a test user and a test computer in the OU.  I then linked a
GPO with user settings to the OU.   GPUpdate runs successfully and
GPRESULT shows it in the correct OU but the user does not receive the
GPO.  Group Policy Modeling shows the same a RSOP and GPRESULT.

I copied the test user.  The copy gets the GPO.

There is no filtering in place for this GPO.

ICMP to the DC is good.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Dan