[gptalk] Re: GPO to change logo on Login screen?

  • From: jfvanmeter@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 14:09:31 +0000

Hello Katy I did this once a long time ago for a client, I'm not sure if the
this process still works or if I remember all of the steps.

How to Change the System Properties Logo in Windows XP
Brand your computer with your own logo and contact information.
Steps
1. Create your own logo image in a graphic .bmp file. Ideally the image should
be maximum 180 pixels wide and 120 pixels high.
2. Copy your logo image file over to the system32 subdirectory under the
Windows system directory (usually c:\windows\system32)
3. Rename your image file to oemlogo.bmp
4. If you want to add your contact info in the system properties screen, create
a file called oeminfo.ini in the same system32 directory and copy this in the
file:
5. [General]
Manufacturer=TEXT YOU WANT Model=TEXT YOU WANT
[Support Information] line1=TEXT YOU WANT line2=TEXT YOU WANT line3=TEXT YOU
WANT line4=TEXT YOU WANT
1. Open the oeminfo.ini file with your text editor of choice and edit the
sections under "General" and "Support Information"

--
"When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."
Disclaimer: John van Meter does NOT accept any responsibility for ANY data loss

From: "Alan & Margaret" <syspro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>